New York Steak with Cantaloupe Risotto
Irresistible textures and sweet flavors pair perfectly with a prime filet.
Harissa New York Steak
- Rub steak with Harissa spice, and salt & pepper to spice level preference.
- Grill to preferred temperature. Let the steak rest off the heat for 2-4 minutes before slicing.
1 cup cooked arborio rice
3 tablespoons mascarpone
3 tablespoons fresh pureed cantaloupe
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine
salt & white pepper to taste
Sautée all risotto ingredients together.
- Arugula salad mix or greens
Chile Honey Almonds
- 1 cup whole, skin-on honey-chile almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mild chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Coat almonds with honey and spices.
Slowly roast them on a parchment-lined sheet pan at 350 degrees for 8-15 minutes.
Remove from oven when honey has begun to slightly caramelize and the almonds have toasted. Let cool.
Cantaloupe champagne vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cup pureed fresh cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 3/4-1 1/2 cups salad oil
- granulated sugar & salt to taste
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor except the oil.
Slowly add the oil in a slow stream as the mixture blends.
Stop once the vinaigrette has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Compressed Mint Cantaloupe
- 1 cup small cantaloupe, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced mint
- granulated sugar to taste
Mix all ingredients together and seal in a bag with a food vacuum sealer. Let sit for 1 hour before use.
- Portion risotto in center of plate.
- Plate steak to side of risotto.
- Place salad greens opposite steak, drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with almonds and compressed cantaloupe.
Recipe courtesy of Chef McKinzie Klein of Max’s Bistro