Grilled Cantaloupe Mediterranean Salad
Like a warm, sunny day, this combination of bright colors and flavors is both sweet and satisfying.
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- ½ cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, sliced into ½”-1″ sections
- 1½ cup tomatoes, halved
- blueberry balsamic reduction for drizzling (recipe below)
- olive oil for grilling and drizzling
- coarsely cracked black pepper
- sea salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 ounces whole blueberries
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 sprigs thyme
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Boil for 15 minutes. Strain through a metal sieve, set aside.
Heat a grill to med-high heat. Drizzle cantaloupe slices with olive oil. Place on hot grill 1-2 minutes, until marked on one side only and quickly remove. Do not overcook.
On a large platter, arrange basil and grilled melon. Scatter tomatoes on top. Drizzle with olive oil and blueberry balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste.
*Note: to make it a Caprese, add fresh mozzerella balls.
Enjoy! Serves 2-4