Grilled Bistro Filet & Cantaloupe Salad | Harris Ranch
Irresistible textures and sweet flavors pair perfectly with a prime filet.
Filet (yield 1 serving)
- 6 ounce bistro filet loin
- 1 ounce fajita marinade
- 1 ounce oil, pommace
- 1 Tablespoon steak salt
Salad (yield 1 serving)
- 3 ounce romaine, large dice
- 1/2 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto, chiffonade
- 6 ounces fresh California cantaloupe, large dice
- 1 ounce peach, large dice
- 1 ounce nectarines, large dice
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella, small dice
- 1/2 ounce red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1 ounce cucumber, diced
- 2 ounces white peach vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce basil leaf, chiffonade
Dressing (yield 3 cups)
- 3 white peaches and reserved ends of yellow peaches
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients except oil to blender. Puree.
Slowly add olive oil and emulsify with blender or emersion blender.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Marinate bistro in the fajita marinade for at least a couple of hours. Pre heat grill.
Season steaks with the steak salt then grill.
While steaks are grilling, assemble the remaining ingredients into a salad, tossing with the white peach vinaigrette, garnishing with the mozzarella and basil.
Allow steaks to rest, then after a few minutes, slice steaks and serve over the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Reagan Roach of Harris Ranch Restaurant