Cantaloupe Watermelon Salad | Trelio
A refreshing medley of flavors join together for this delightfully balanced sweet and salty salad.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, rind removed and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 small, seedless watermelon, rid removed and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 small red onion, shaved into paper thin rings
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, picked from stems
- 1 cup Feta, crumbled (preferably from sheep milk from Greece)
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted to golden brown
- 1 teaspoon Key lime zest
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice
- 1/2 cup lightly flavored olive oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
In blender, blend lime juice, lime zest, roasted garlic, agave syrup, mustard, and cumin.
With the blender on low, slowly emulsify the oil.
Season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste.
Toss the cubed cantaloupe, cubed watermelon, red onion and cilantro in a bowl with a small amount of the vinaigrette.
Divide the salad mixture between four plates.
Sprinkle Feta over each and dress with more vinaigrette.
Finish with fresh ground pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Chris Shackelford of Trelio