End of season soirée, 3 ways
As the California cantaloupe season winds down and we cherish those final sweet bites of California’s best, there is no better time than now to commemorate the season with an end of season soirée. Here, we have planned for you three different ways to send off our beloved season – from a casual gathering, to the full monte, to a flavor-packed fiesta!
1. The Casual, No-Fuss Gathering
Just a few friends over for drinks and apps. And maybe a little dessert. (Easy peasy.)
- Drink options:
- Appetizer choices:
- [Optional (but not really) desserts]
2. The Whole Shebang
Pull out all the stops for your lucky guests to squeeze every last drop out of the season. Every. Last. Drop.
- The drink of the night:
- A delicious cocktail, garnished with cantaloupe, of course.
- An appetizer (or two) to whet their palettes:
- One to enjoy with dinner:
- And/or one to enjoy post-dinner, pre-dessert:
- An entree (something fancy)
- The finale, the cherry on top, the last act before the curtain closes, the perfect dessert to commemorate the season:
3. The Fiesta
Cue the sombreros, this is going to be a night to remember. (Mariachi music mandatory.)
- Drink: Cantaloupe margarita and/or cantaloupe agua fresca
- Appetizer: Grilled shrimp with cantaloupe salsa
- Salad: Ancho-lime chopped cantaloupe salad
- Entree: Savory grilled cantaloupe skewers
- Repeat step one.
While relishing in the sweet season’s bounty, take a moment to meet the folks who make it all possible season after season. And enjoy those last bites of the season knowing that, thanks to the labor of love your California cantaloupe farmers invest in their crop year after year, the next California cantaloupe season will be here before we know it!